Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-1310el
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi im looking to upgrade my laptop im struggling to find a suitable cpu upgrade i have joined this forum, hopefully somebody can give me some information thanks . i am technically minded and i dont mind dissasembling things 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

You can install up to an A8-3520M AMD APU on your motherboard using the same heatsink.

Your E2-3000M is considered an AMD A series processor. The APU (processor) will be very inexpensive and it would be a quite noticeable upgrade:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-test-AMD-A8-Series-A8-3520M-CPU-Processor-AM3520DDX43GX-1-6GHz-Socket...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

You can install up to an A8-3520M AMD APU on your motherboard using the same heatsink.

Your E2-3000M is considered an AMD A series processor. The APU (processor) will be very inexpensive and it would be a quite noticeable upgrade:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-test-AMD-A8-Series-A8-3520M-CPU-Processor-AM3520DDX43GX-1-6GHz-Socket...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

thank you for reply will this be better ?

AMD Phenom II N660 processor (3.0 GHz, 2
MB L2 cache, 1333 MHz, 3.6 GT/s), Dual 35

HP Recommended
  • Hi thank you what’s maximum ram upgrade I can put in it 
HP Recommended

Different socket I believe. You have to stick with A series. 

HP Recommended

8 gigs (2 x 4) DDR3-1333 SO-DIMM

HP Recommended

I’m going to put an external gpu on it to run some games it keeps me busy . Nvidia gtx 960 in an external docking station and external power supply but caveman . But I’ve sourced the parts for £70 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.