Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Product bought in Dec 2014.  Have been giving power up problems for some time.  When power adaptor connected and on no light comes on as if notebook totally dead.  Got a new adaptor to try made no difference.  I am thinking it must be the battery inside needs replacing and I can see a video on HP support site illustrating how to change the battery.

Kindly can an expert verify looking at the symptoms if it is the battery please I can then go ahead and order a replacement and change it myself.  Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Fas2,

I will send you a PM (Private Message), but before I do, feel free to review the HP Privacy Statement.

This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way information about you and your online activity is collected and how that information is used. This statement is readily available on our HP.com home page and at the bottom of every HP web page.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Thanks for using the HP Forums. 

I see you are having a power up issue with your HP Pavilion x360 Notebook. Have you tried a different wall outlet for the power?

You could try reseating the Memory.

You could try some steps outlined here.

I don't feel that it is the AC adapter. It could be the connection to the Motherboard.

I recommend taking the Notebook to a repair center for a Diagnostic report.

Please let me know how this goes.

To express your appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs up icon.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thx for your response could you tell me according to my post code OX11 7XB where would be my nearest repair centre and if they will do a free diagnostics first b4 I commit for any repairs or action. Thx.

HP Recommended

Hi @Fas2,

I will send you a PM (Private Message), but before I do, feel free to review the HP Privacy Statement.

This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way information about you and your online activity is collected and how that information is used. This statement is readily available on our HP.com home page and at the bottom of every HP web page.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.