Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI what type of m2 drive does this laptop take please.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@angleofthedangl

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see you need help in upgrading the SSD, on HP Pavilion x360 - 13-s150sa notebook, Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that your PC supports One M.2(128 GB M.2 SSD​​​​​​​​​​​​​​) slot for the solid-state drive.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, 13-S150SA is equipped with Samsung MZ-NLF1280 M.2 SATA SSD
Question is, can it take M.2 PCI Express format SSDs like Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB?
The socket looks like it can physically fit M.2 PCI card, but will it actually work? Can the controller read PCI?

HP Recommended

Replying myself. 13-S150SA takes only m.2 SATA drives. I tested last night with m.2 PCIe SSD from my other computer and it doesn't even physically fit. Forget about NVME drives.

HP Recommended

I have been looking at the same thing. The existing card is keyed for both B and M type keys. The socket on the machine looks like it is only keyed for one of these but I can't find out whether it is a B key or an M key. B key is 6 pins wide and M key is only 5. I think it has 6 pins so is probably a B key. Not sure if you can buy a card with only a B key.
By the way if it looks like I know what I am talking about, don't be fooled. I have just been reading Wikipedia and looking in my machine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.