Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, I want to upgrade the RAM in my Pavilion x360 Convertible laptop. It's the red version (there seem to be plenty of different versions with different ways of unscrewing the bottom.) I am not confident enough to do it myself, so I took it to Curry's PC world and they said it's just not possible to upgrade the RAM at all because it's the convertible version -- but I seem to have found videos of people doing it online. My question is this: is it possible, and it's just that PC world won't do it for me?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Jopsicle wrote:

... so I took it to Curry's PC world and they said it's just not possible to upgrade the RAM at all because it's the convertible version ...

@Jopsicle 

What is your machine first ?  Please use the following way to find out the model/product of your machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien, thanks for your response!

My product name is: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible

The model is: N9R01EA#ABU

Do you think it is possible to upgrade the RAM?

All the best,

Joe

HP Recommended

Hi there folks,

No one ever responded to this, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

Joe

HP Recommended

HI there,

Can anyone answer this question for me please? My product number is N9R01EA#ABU, and all I want to know is whether it's possible to install new RAM on this laptop. I can't seem to find the information anywhere, and I've been to PC world and they say they don't do it! I thought  would find the answer on this forum, as I don't want to ring up the HP helpline and be on hold for ages -- and they don't povide an email address. Any experts on here able to answer this  for me?

Thanks!

Joseph

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.