Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Model-13-u027tu Product Number-x0t25pa#abg
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a Hp Pavilion x360 that I'm trying to upgrade the memory and storage, it comes with a 128gb ssd in a m2 slot and 8gb ddr4 ram. I was just talking to hp support and they told me that is the maximum amount of ram and storage the unit can handle but I dont really believe it. She wanted to send me some emails to buy a new laptop at the end of the conversation.  I'm looking at putting in a Samsung evo 1tb ssd and 16gb ram. Does anybody know if this would be ok, and also how many ram slots this laptop has? I have to pull the motherboard out to get to them and dont really want to do that until I have an upgrade to put it.

Thanks muchly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

2 memory slots on Intel Core models. As stated above uses DDR4-2133 SO-DIMM. Max is actually 32 gigs but this is unofficial. M.2 is definitely SATA only not NVME. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Josh-Cool 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05201429

It is an Intel Gen 6 machine with an Intel® Core™ i5-6200U (2.3 GHz, up to 2.8 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores) processor.  The series dos NOT offer dual storage options therefore

1. STORAGE: You have to replace existing 128 GB M.2 SSD (which is SATA) to a larger capacity M.2 SATA SSD drive using Crucial MX500 or Samsung 860EVO or similar
  2. RAM: It has 8 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB) now and supports 16GB (2 x 8GB) max. You can upgrade to 16GB by adding same existing RAM to slot 2 OR using the following compatible RAM (will run at 2133MHz)

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct8g4sfs824a/ct12004051

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you, I wasnt trying to put dual storage in it just put a bigger one in it like a 1tb Samsung evo 970 nvme. The hp support lady told me I wouldn't be able to do that and said it only has one ram slot 

HP Recommended

She also said I couldnt put any more than 8gb in it   🤥

HP Recommended

2 memory slots on Intel Core models. As stated above uses DDR4-2133 SO-DIMM. Max is actually 32 gigs but this is unofficial. M.2 is definitely SATA only not NVME. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying that, I was a bit confused about the whole m2 / nvme situation and was just about to post another question asking about it. Also I'm only looking at upgrading it to 16gb ram so that should be fine then. 

Thanks again for the help today guys  🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.