Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dw0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

(HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dw0xxx) In my device components on the HP website, there is a power button on the left side of the laptop that is responsible for the tablet mode. However, my device is missing that button. It is simply not there. Now, I don't know how to turn on my tablet from sleep form because there are no buttons on the screen itself.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AH-21 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the HP Pavilion x360 missing the power button in tablet mode.

Did you update the BIOS?

Have you attempted to switch or toggle between the tablet & desktop mode?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Lets begin with BIOS update.

1. Go to the HP Software & Driver Downloads webpage.

2. Navigate to the product page for your computer model.

3. Select the operating system (such as Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)) your computer is running, and then click Submit.

4. he webpage lists the available updates for your computer. If a BIOS category is listed, select BIOS.

• If a BIOS category is not listed on the webpage, the original BIOS version already on the computer might be the latest available.

• If the update is newer than your current BIOS version, choose the correct download for your processor and follow the on-screen instructions.

• If the version of the listed BIOS is the same or older than the current BIOS on the computer, you may exit this procedure. The computer does not require a BIOS update at this time.

5. Click More details to view the overview, installation instructions, and system requirements for the BIOS update.

It is important to read the Overview and System requirements sections to verify that the BIOS update applies to your computer. Installing a BIOS that is not designed for the processor or operating system in your computer could cause the computer to stop working.

6. Click Download, and when prompted, click Save as to save the file to a convenient location, such as your desktop.

Install the BIOS update.

To install the BIOS update, follow the steps below.

1. Connect the AC power supply to the notebook. Do not disconnect the power supply during the BIOS update process.

2. Close any open programs and temporarily disable your antivirus software. Remember to re-enable the antivirus software after the installation is complete.

3. Locate the BIOS file (example filename: sp12345.exe) that you downloaded and saved to a convenient location on your computer.

4. Double-click the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

5. Wait for the installation to complete, and then restart the computer when prompted.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

If the issue persists.

Click here and follow the document to change the settings to switch between Tablet Mode and Desktop Mode.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

As it turns out, the HP model that I've had did not include a separate power button for the tablet.

HP Recommended

@AH-21

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone supports nd check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.