Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a 14inch HP Pavilion x 360 and was wandering if anyone has had a problem with the screen coming apart where the hinge is at. I have never abused my laptop and found it strange one day when I went to open it that the bottom corner was being pushed out by the hinge. I have seen on other post that it is a problem with other models. I just want to know if there is a fix of any kind, or do I have something that will eventually fall completely apart. I use it for school and now I am afraid to open it. Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP did a fast job on my laptop. They replaced the lid and returned it, total time 5 days. Very happy to have my laptop back.

Frank

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The screen finally separated enough to see problem. The plastic holding the hinge nuts to the cover just broke off, all three, so the hinge had nothing to hold on to and was pushing screen out. I don't want to use it like this. Is there a fix? From other post I have read, it seams to me that it is a design flaw. Maybe using a metal bracket to hold the hinge screws is needed?

HP Recommended

@Frankg89030,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP did a fast job on my laptop. They replaced the lid and returned it, total time 5 days. Very happy to have my laptop back.

Frank

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.