Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pen - 1MR94AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently lost my HP Pen's tip and I was wondering whether there were other tips that can fit it such as the tips on the Microsoft Surface Pen Tip Kit

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi KevinMata05,

Unfortunately, I think it's unlikely that the Microsoft Surface Pen Tips would work with the HP Pen - 1MR94AA. Microsoft states it's only compatible with their own products.

I would advise contacting HP and see what they say.

Contact HP Worldwide here.

Check warranty status here.

Kind regards,

kem579

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Yes I agree with @EddyK.

I believe HP experts @erico @CherylG had asked about spare tips availability, in Inner Circle about a year back.
Not sure what is present-day opinion of HP engineers about this.

@Dragon-Fur, would you be able to chip in, if you have any info about this?
HP Recommended

@visruth and all...

Sorry, I don't have much (if anything) useful to contribute on the subject of stylus tips.

My loaner came with Stylus:

Model name
HP Pen (Microsoft)

1MR94AA

SPS: 920241-001 (Dark Ash Silver) / 910942-001 (Natural Silver)
HP x360 11 EMR Pen with Eraser (Wacom)

2EB40AA

SPS: 928519-001
HP Tilt Pen (Microsoft)

2MY21AA

HP SPS: 929863-001 (Dark Ash Silver) / 929863-002 (Natural Silver)

Spectre x360 15-blxxx
x

x*

Commentary

Assuming replacement 'tips' are available for a given model stylus:

I would guess that if HP does not carry "tips" simply because the costs to store and manage the inventory far exceeds the profit / benefits to providing the extra bits.

My personal advice in those situations for which there is no direct documentation / support is usually:  Search the net, try anything you like, try to keep any resulting damage / issues at a minimum.

Use a magifier and search out the tiny information provided on the pen -- look for the manufacturer part number (this is likely different from the HP part number, though the MFG part number may also be prefaced with "HP").  Use the MFG part number to search for information about the stylus, including whether a particular pen supports changing the tip.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you very much @Dragon-Fur for providing those valuable and well-detailed suggestions to all those who are reading this facing this issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.