Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15t-dr100/HP Pen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got this HP Envy x360 a bit more than a year ago, and after a few months of using it, my screen got broken by a classmate. Screen replacements were not available at the time and my warranty did not cover it, so I had to just use the laptop. The only function that was not messed up was the touchscreen, it would randomly click around, so I disabled the touchscreen driver. I recently got the screen replaced, and when I re-enabled the driver the touchscreen worked fine with my fingertips, but the HP Pen suddenly did not function at all. I replaced the battery, checked all updates and drivers, and nothing seems to be the issue. When I go to the HP Pen Control app, it says "sorry, HP Pen Control is not compatible with this computer", which doesn't make sense because it worked fine before the touchscreen was disabled. I realize this might be the fault of a bad installation or something, but wanted to see if anyone had advice that I may be missing. If there's another active pen or something that will work with my laptop too, that would be greatly appreciated, because I am hoping to start illustrating with this notebook.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Maxbsutton

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

After reading your post, I did go through the Maintenance and Service Guide of your product and found that your computer supports HP pen Impreza 929863-002 and Sunwoda 920241-001
Let's calibrate the touchscreen for increased accuracy when using the pen.

1. In Windows, search for and open Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.

2. Select Calibrate, and then select Pen Input.

Selecting Pen input to begin calibration

3. Use the pen to tap the cross-hairs that display on-screen.

For best results, quickly tap all the cross-hairs on the screen before the pen deactivates.

Tapping the cross-hairs that display on the screen

4. Click Yes to save the calibration date.

If this fails to respond then you need to perform a system recovery. I would suggest performing a system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.