Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Moderator, I have an HP Probook 4320s Core i3 380M without a discreet GPU or WWAN. I am considering buying the core i7 640M. Now here is my question: Some variants of this PC also come with discreet graphics, and WWAN installed. If I am able to get these parts, can I install them on my PC? Will they work? I am looking to upgrade my PC to the MAX. I know this might be a little off-point, but please I really need advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to chapter 1 of the service manual the i7-640M processor is supported.

c03471258.pdf (hp.com)

The graphics adapters are integral parts of the motherboard, so in order to have a notebook with the discrete graphics, you would need to replace the motherboard with one listed in chapter 3 of the service manual that comes with the discrete graphics adapter.

WWAN: You can only install the WWAN adapter listed in chapter 3 of the service manual, and it must have the HP part number on it, or it will not work.

Qualcomm EV-DO HSPA   531993-001

Your notebook would also need to have the WWAN antenna wires present so you can connect them to the WWAN adapter.

Check to make sure the antenna wires are there before trying to buy the WWAN adapter.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to chapter 1 of the service manual the i7-640M processor is supported.

c03471258.pdf (hp.com)

The graphics adapters are integral parts of the motherboard, so in order to have a notebook with the discrete graphics, you would need to replace the motherboard with one listed in chapter 3 of the service manual that comes with the discrete graphics adapter.

WWAN: You can only install the WWAN adapter listed in chapter 3 of the service manual, and it must have the HP part number on it, or it will not work.

Qualcomm EV-DO HSPA   531993-001

Your notebook would also need to have the WWAN antenna wires present so you can connect them to the WWAN adapter.

Check to make sure the antenna wires are there before trying to buy the WWAN adapter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.