Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 650 G3 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day HP Team,

I am currently having a problem on this brand new purchased pro book.

The serial port does not work, it does not appear on my device manager and therefore i cannot select it to do my required programming task at work.

I have called HP support and they could not repaired and if i do not have my Serial port operational i cannot perform my required work.

I need to resolve this ASAP.

Thank you

Edson Almeida

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried installing this driver for your system:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-650-g3-notebook-pc/11623696/sw...

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Hi David,

Yes i have done that and the remote tech had access to my PC and have attempted that as well and still it does not appear on the device manager.

Thank you i hope i can find a solution ASAP and i do not wanna use a USB to Serial as i have purchased this notebook to avoid that.

Regards

Edson

My Device Manager, no COM Ports availableMy Device Manager, no COM Ports available

HP Recommended

Hi

We have 3 HP PB 650 G3, they all have the same issue, I have tried to update Bios, check that the port is enabled in bios, installed the mention driver. Still no serial port any ware. Not even a missing driver. HP Support has been over it, therefor one of them is been collected for repair.

HP Recommended

The newly released bios update 01.14 Rev.A solves the problem so it has been a bios error. HP Support, Why don't you tell that???

https://support.hp.com/dk-da/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-650-g3-notebook-pc/11623696/sw...

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I have installed the BIOS update 1.14 and now my serial port has appeared on the device manager however i havent tested yet.

But it does show on my device manager now.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.