Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

If you have a warranty will they not replace the motherboard for you?

HP Recommended

I've already took the laptop to the service and they've told they're going to get back to me within a couple of days. I will post about it here in case someone is in similar situation in future.

I hope to get the motherboard replaced, or otherwise to get a new laptop of the same model or something. I think my warranty covers that. I'm not sure how this story ends.

HP Recommended

The warranty generally covers repairs but as I understand it (poorly) if the part is not available they will offer a like kind replacement laptop. 

HP Recommended

I took the laptop to the service center, and after a couple of days they got back to me with "Everything is fine, you may be using some heavy apps, that's why this happens"... Obviously that's not a real answer. But that's what I got. So, if even they, the professionals, weren't able to diagnose the issue, which leads to a denial from the seller to replace the laptop with a new one, I'm left without any options at all. There's just me and my dysfunctional laptop...

HP Recommended

I've noticed one more thing. The issue only appears, when I have dual-boot setup (Win10/Ubuntu 18.04).
Is it possible, that Ubuntu installation is affecting the Windows too?

HP Recommended

It's like the old joke: Man walks into the doctor's office and says "Doc, it hurts when I do this (demonstrating strange movement)" Doctor: "then don't do that."

Having dual boot theoretically should make no difference. However, personally I run Linux now only in emulation in Virtualbox. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.