Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

So I’m wondering how much I should pay to upgrade this laptop. From my college (1st) after a few months of attending and passing classes, they sent me an HP Probook 450 G7. I want to make sure this laptop last me at least 10 years so I looked into what the maximum amount of RAM, internal HDD and SSD capacity that the laptop would allow, and am getting mixed confirmations, I’ve looked up the largest capacity for RAM, HDD and SSD and found SeaGate BarraCuda 5TB 2.5in, HP Pro 4TB NVMe SSD M.2, and Crucial RAM 64GB kit (2 x 32GB). I would hate to purchase upwards of $600 on upgrades for them not to be compatible, can anyone confirm if they have the same laptop with one or more of my components will indeed work if I purchase them.

I know I don’t have to buy the largest storage option now but I have a few HDD 3.5 and 2.5 inch drives to use but they are all smaller capacities or have things on them (gonna purchase a large 3.5 in HDD later to move everything on and wipe the drives later to use as a RAID or sell) hence why I’m eyeing a 5TB HDD and as for the SSD I haven’t owned one before and hear they are faster than HDD. I’ve always had problems with RAM speed with my previous laptops and desktops so I want this laptop to be more able than any of my previous devices which is why I’m opting to get the maximum capacities for the upgrades.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

As far as I am aware, there is no laptop that will last for ten years for a few reasons.

Operating system requirements will change and hardware devices that currently work for your laptop may not be on the market in ten years.

You have identified your laptop as a Probook 450 G7. That is the generic designation for the model serie and does nbot give the hardware configuration of your actual laptop.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06475016

HP has produced and brought to market more than a thousand different models of notebooks and desktop PCs over the years.

It is difficult to help you if we don't know which specific model you own..

Method #1: If the notebook will boot into Windows, you can retrieve your Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key.

Method #2: Press the power button and immediately tap the F10 key to invoke the BIOS. In the Main section, you will find the Product number or Product ID. Post that in your next reply in your thread.

Method #3: Press the power button and immediately tap the F2 key.
If your laptop has HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI version 10.3.0.0, there is a System Information section that also has the Product ID.
We need that information, along with the installed Operating System information to help you.
Don't forget to post the name of the installed operating system if you haven't already done that.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.