Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

They didn't so I will give them a call and work everything out thanks for your time.

HP Recommended

@Ngeasiaaa

Sorry you need to go through this. But yes, you should get a new "service number" from HP rep for a loner PC. You have received " service number " for your original PC ( that is on repair now), right?  Same thing. Please call them and make sure when HP will send you a loner pc, and ask them to generate a new service number for that. Hope everything will work out for you....!  

HP Recommended

Thank you, Here's the thing instead of April 15 which is the date they said it would be done, now they say it's repaired and on its way should I just be grateful? Yesterday morning they said they were waiting on a new mainboard. I'm just thinking maybe it's not fixed.

HP Recommended

@Ngeasiaaa

Oh wow.. I guess that the repair has been not completed yet.

I am confused, too. I recently got a new text from HP and that says the return date is now 3/25. But if I check my repair status by online, the date is still 4/15. No idea which information I should refer to. I hope HP can provide us more reliable information. 

HP Recommended

Right it still says April 15th for me to... I don't understand Hp

HP Recommended

@Ngeasiaaa

I saw your post and knew that you got your PC back and you are happy now...! I just got my PC back today, too, and looks good. In the end, I had a good experience with HP official help here 😊

HP Recommended

Yes, I am very happy with my repair! I'm glad you got yours back and that it is working well. It seems to have all worked out in the end for us

HP Recommended

I'm so happy that you got your laptop back eventually, despite the long delay. I also have an HP Envy x360, and recently sent it in to be repaired after a series of critical system crashes that seemed to revolve around me upgrading my BIOS to v.19, and upgrading to Win 11. First, my laptop would get stuck in Portrait/Tablet mode and I would have to restart; then, it progressed to the touchscreen being totally inoperable with Device Manager stating that "The HP compatible device is unrecognized", and then the BIOS stating that I was still running Win 10, tho acknowledged that "it may be that you are running a newer version of the OS that BIOS does not recognized". Then, THE failure happened; restart and stuck on HP load screen. Couldn't even access Win Repair mode. Eventually was able to use a Win 10 recovery USB, but bc the laptop couldn't organically restart, the recovery kept failing. Sent my laptop in on 3/16 for repair, est delivery date 3/23.... Checked today, now it says "part pending" and the rest delivery date is now 3/31. It doesn't, however, say WHAT part is pending, WHAT exactly it is they're replacing....

.....I was wondering if there was a way to find this out? Find out exactly WHAT it is they are doing to fix my laptop? I'm so scared that it's gonna end up being MONTHS before I see my laptop again and, like you, I DESPERATELY need my lappy for work. What did you have to do before you were able to get your laptop back finally? 

HP Recommended

@Nafai,
Sorry to hear that you have been having technical troubles with your computer and the repair is delayed. Mine took 2 months to be repaired at the end (That was a minor defect. Not like yours).

When I sent my original PC to the HP repair center in January, I got a message in regards to the repair delay from HP. The expected date was "March 4". I called HP customer service (you need your case#, serial #, order #, model #) and asked why the delay happened. The representative could not answer by phone. In the meantime, I requested her to send me a loner PC that has a similar spec. She was helpful, and the loaner PC came to me a couple of days after the call. If you haven't requested, I recommend you to ask them to send you a loner PC since you need it.

After I received multiple repair delay notices from HP ( was like, 3/4-> 3/15-> 4/15), I finally decided to ask this HP community in the mid of February. One of HP's help desk representatives (HP employee) in this community contacted me via a private message on February 25, and he sent off a request for an update and a reason for the delay in the repair. The repair center actually gave him a more specific reason. Right after that, somehow everything started moving. My PC was repaired and came back to me around March 15, and I returned the loner PC right away (Otherwise you will be charged. Need to be careful.)

I think it is better for you to create a new post in regard to the repair delay, and ask what the options HP can offer you. HP help representatives are checking community posts, so one of them probably replies to your post.

I am sorry I am not familiar with your technical problems. But I hope my story can give you some idea.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.