Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 Convertible 15-eb0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just got a new Spectre during Black Friday sale at Best Buy and I have a USB-C multiport hub plugged into the USB-C port on the laptop.  However, even when the computer is shut down, the port remains powered and everything plugged into it is on. 

Is there a way to turn it off when the computer is shut down?  I don't want my accessories to always be powered on and I do not want to keep unplugging the cord due to wear and tear. 

I did see an old thread but it did not help me.  Any new help is appreciated.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MYNAMEISVEE

I reviewed your post and I understand that the USB C port on the computer is on even after the computer is shut down.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

You need to turn off USB C sleep and charge function in the BIOS to make the USB C port turn off completely when you shut down the computer.

Boot to BIOS by tapping the F10 key on the restart and then look for the sleep and charge function in the BIOS or similar and disable it and this should take care of the issue.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.