Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-26-2021 06:30 AM
My folio screen seems to be losing it's touch screen capability. Sometimes it doesn't work at all and sometimes it kinda works, but not like when it was new. I've tried different areas of the screen and sometimes moving the point of contact works, but sometimes not. It never seems to fail completely, but when scrolling through articles or photos it gets pretty frustrating when the only way to roll the screen up is with the down arrow. Anybody experiencing the same?
10-08-2021 07:09 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I understand that your HP Spectre Folio touchscreen functionality not working correctly, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
- What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
10-08-2021 02:52 PM
I wouldn't know where to start as there has never been an issue like this on any touch screen I have had before. Not that I'm not tech savvy, but more that there is no obvious setting or anything that I can go to that would increase the sensitivity of the screen touch capability. Overall, it is not that the screen lost all capability, it just seems to be losing it over time. It's been getting worse for about six months or so, and still works "sometimes" just fine, but mostly questionable.
Is there some BIOS setting or fine tune capability that I can do that might make things better?
10-12-2021 03:31 PM
Thank you for posting back.
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee