Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

The same here. 

I used the HP advice to reset the battery "Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds" after which the laptop is dead. 

The power indicator flashes 3 times, that's it.

Connecting the workable HP power supply does not result in the power LED on.

Please advise.

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi @MaximPs

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that the Notebook is not powering on and you already tried the Power Drain.

I would request you to contact our Phone Support for Service Options since this seems to be a Hardware issue.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Thank you.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks!

The weired thing is that the note was back to life after a night!

It was NOT powered simply laying in a drawer. 

When I powered the laptop this morning, the LED blinked 3 times slow and 3(?) times fast.

I connected the power supply, the LED turned amber and the laptop started with no problem whatsoever.

For the record, the episode described above was the 3rd in a sequence when the laptop refused to be charged but began to take charging after some time, typically a night.  This is my travelling laptop on which I have to rely 100%. Fortunately, all the episodes have taken place while I was at home so that no real harm done. However, had this happened on the run, I would have had no idea what to do.

What is your advise?

HP Recommended

Hi @MaximPs

I'm glad the Notebook is powering on and working right now. I would request you to update the BIOS and that might help.

Click Here, Enter the product Number of your Notebook and download the BIOS.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a Message anytime you need help.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Already done, a couple of weeks _before_ the last failuture occured.

Apparently, this didn't help.

HP Recommended

Hi @MaximPs

I would request you to keep the Notebook under observation and let me know if the issue reoccurs. If ever this issue reoccurs, I will escalate your Case to our Support Team and they will look into it.

Keep me posted.

Thanks 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks!

From the previous cases, the repetition rate is like once in two weeks.

Please do not close this thread.

HP Recommended

Hi @MaximPs

We won't. Keep us posted. Thanks.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear KrazyToad,

it did it again!

Now I managed to observe the process: detecting external power supply ended as the battery riched the level of 10% (the white LED began to blink). At this point the laptop stoped seeing the external power supply connected nor did the amber LED flashed. I drained the battery to zero with the power supply disconnected, the laptop stoped functioning (of course), I connected the power supply and voilà the LED turned amber and the battery began to charge.

So that the problem seems to be connected to the critical level of the battery.

Any advice?

Regards,

Maxim

HP Recommended

Dear HP,

Not seen the power supply connected continued.

It occurs approximately once in a week, with no clear pattern whatsoever.

For example, right now the note refuses to be charged with the battery level of 90%.

This becomes very very annoying so that I would like HP to act upon this failure.

How could I have the note rapaired?

Regards,

Maxim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.