Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4002dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Spectre does not power on.  Even with the ac adapter plugged in - the indicator light flashes but nothing comes on.  Is that the internal battery and can it be replaced?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

No for that model it is most likely the motherboard. They have a history of getting burned capacitors which at first just keep the battery from charging and then result in the state you are seeing. I have guided a few people with getting the motherboard fixed by one of several high-tech shops found on eBay and other similar markets. Post back if you wish to pursue. I will also attempt to elevate but hard to say how that will work out until you talk to HP. 

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your feedback.  I had this checked out with one of the recommended HP vendors and they thought it was a simple new capacitors and they replace it but it still did not power on.  So now they are saying the motherboard is toast.  Is it possible to replace the motherboard with a refurbished motherboard and is that really cost effective?

really appreciate the feedback - Jim

HP Recommended

HP does not really have a list of vendors who do component level work on motherboards so I am not sure what the shop you consulted with might have done. It's possible your board is too far gone to be refurbished. Boards are out there but because of the demand for this model series boards, they are expensive. However, if you want me to try to locate one for you I'd be happy to try. 

HP Recommended

If you can locate one that would be great.  What is your thoughts about replacing a motherboard in this laptop?  I'm application manager and somewhat know my way around the hardware but only do it if it's fairly straight-forward.  Your thoughts?

BTW, thank you very much for your assistance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.