Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody, 

I have a issue with the new spectre x360, I'm not able to change the security level of the Thunderbolt device and as I have seen, by default only Windows-certified devices are able to be connected to the computer. 

I have an Apple Cinema DIsplay with a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter. This one work very well with my company computer ,an Elitebook HSN-104C.

When comming the time to change my MacBook pro and as the Elitebook works very with my Apple Display I have choosen to get a new HP for my daily driver. 

I have seen on the forum that this issue could be solved with a Thunderbolt firmware utility to change de default behavior to accept all Thunderbolt device but I'm not able to find it for my new computer. 

The Spectre has a Thunderbolt Controller 8A17 with the Intel Controller 1.0.24.0

The Elitbook has a Thunderbolt Controller 15D9 with the Intel software ver 17.4.78.500

Already tested :

I have tried to update the bios -> Nop.

I have tried to use the Intel Software ver 17.4.78.500 -> Dosent's seen thunderbolt controller

Check into the Bios Settings to change Thunderbolt security level -> Not present.

For reference  a post that solve the issue on others Spectre devices and Thunderbolt Display : 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/Apple-Thunderbolt-display-with-Spectre-XT-...

For reference post with default behavior og Thunderbolt Firmware on HP Devices: 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03725328

many thanks in advance for your help ! 

Have a nice day

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@G21_Goose Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to connect the HP Spectre x360 13-aw0404nz with Apple Thunderbolt Display.

Please perform the thunderbolt port test and check.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Thunderbolt port and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.