Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl012 Fx. Pdt #:Z4Z35UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I own an HP Spectre laptop (x360 Convertible 15-bl0XX).

I recently noted that it was no longer holding a charge and after running the HP support assistant, I received a recommendation to replace the battery?

I will be in the US for three weeks between December and January and our office IT has advised me to reach out to the nearest HP Store in the DC Metro area when I arrive to have the laptop looked at.

I bought my laptop at Best Buy in May 2017, so the warranty is no longer valid, but I want to make sure I get genuine parts and good service for the replacement and eventual repairs.

Could you advise me on how best to go about repairing this and other eventual issues at an HP store as fast as possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Eddy,

thanks so much for your quick reply. I was actually thinking of ordering the battery, as you suggested , but in a twist - then having it replaced by a professional, not myself (don’t trust my hands that much, lol).

thing is, when searching online for the battery reference for a replacement battery, I see two part numbers:

902499-856

913007-001

So I’m kind of undecided on which part to order ?

it appears the first (902499-856), is not currently available and/or discontinued?

i know this may be asking too much, but Louis you advise me on which one to select?

C703D6AC-8E64-4E38-BEF3-3D3FBA56C70D.png

Thanks a lot

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Venayen,

I would suggest searching for the nearest HP Authorized Service Centre through this link. Contact them to get info on the price, etc.

You can also opt for purchasing and replacing the battery yourself, which although includes a bit of risk, is a cost-effective way of improving your computer's performance. Let me know if you're interested.

All the best,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Dear Eddy,

thanks so much for your quick reply. I was actually thinking of ordering the battery, as you suggested , but in a twist - then having it replaced by a professional, not myself (don’t trust my hands that much, lol).

thing is, when searching online for the battery reference for a replacement battery, I see two part numbers:

902499-856

913007-001

So I’m kind of undecided on which part to order ?

it appears the first (902499-856), is not currently available and/or discontinued?

i know this may be asking too much, but Louis you advise me on which one to select?

C703D6AC-8E64-4E38-BEF3-3D3FBA56C70D.png

Thanks a lot

HP Recommended

The first battery is the one you need.  The second battery is for the Real Time Clock.  I’m in the same prediciment, my battery on this notebook just died as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.