Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-bl112dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community,

Can someone tell me what type of torx screws are being used on the bottom of the laptop? I need this information to purchase a replacement.

These would be the torx screws that we would need to remove to gain access to the insides of the laptop. I have unintentionally stripped a few of these screws while trying to close it back up and I need to replace them.

IMG_20200201_182256_2.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Torx screws you need are described in chapter 5, page 22 of the service manual...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05357610

HP Recommended

Thanks,

Using the manual, I have determined i need replacement T8M2.0x9.0 screws. I googled T8M2.0x9.0 and barely any results popped up. Amazon yielded no results. @Paul_Tikkanen, if possible, can you also recommend a marketplace where i can order more of the T8M2.0x9.0 screws?

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know where you can buy those.

Perhaps if you bring one into your local PC repair shop they have some available.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.