Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi guys/gals

I have just unboxed and setup Spectre X360 i7 today, running Windows 10 64 bit and everytime the fan starts it makes this crackling sound near top left corner.  I'm assuming its the fan as I've updated speaker drivers, but the crackling remains.

Any help or anyone found a solution to this??

I'm tempted to take mine back to the store I got it from earlier today.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Anjum1

Peace be unto you,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand there are weird clicking noises coming from the computer,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Did you have any accidents such as dropping the computer on the floor, etc...?

When was the last time it worked without these issues?

In the meantime, I have a few recommendations:

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power saves settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

For more details: Click here

And here's a related post that has helped others with similar issues: Click here
(though the header is different, the steps will help fix the issue).

Also, run a hardware test on the notebook to ensure this isn't a hardware issue: Click here for details.

Let me know how that pans out,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Anjum, I have exactly the same problem with my 15.6 inch Spectre X360, the left fan makes clicky noise, it almost sounds like the fan blade is scratching something or there's something loose with the bearing. I bought mine from Amazon 2 weeks ago, and I am now working in China. Since this model is not available yet in China, I am not sure if I get any support from HP China.

😞

HP Recommended

@simpleatsh

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand you have the same issue the user @Anjum1 had with the HP Spectre x360 making a clicking noise,

Although these issues would depend on individual computer and so would its resolution, hence I would appreciate if you could reply with the below details:

What is the product number of your device & Which operating system are you using? Use this link to find your product number: http://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c03754824

(Do not share any personal information such as serial number, email ID, phone number or address on a public forum for your safety). 

Also, did you attempt the steps mentioned in the previous posts to fix such issues?

If you haven't been through the link, yet
Here's the link to help you out: 

For details: Click here

And here's a related post that has helped others with similar issues: Click here
(though the header is different, the steps will help fix the issue).

Also, run a hardware test on the notebook to ensure this isn't a hardware issue: Click here for details.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, i have HP Spectre x360 for a week and i noticed that when is laptop in certain position i can hear wierd clicking from left ventilator. I have not droped or in any way damaged my laptop. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.