Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 15-eb0000 x360 Convertible Laptop PC RCTO Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

Dear HP Community,

I have a CarePack with accidental damage protection, and I've now been without a laptop for 3 weeks, with no end in sight.  My HP escalations manager won't call me back, and it's been 6 days, constantly calling HP support to try and get me connected to them.  Here is a summary of someof what's happened so far.  If you have any solutions, please let me know!

-Thursday, 8/3: Called support and requested repairs for my laptop. After talking with a manager, I was approved to use my own box which I saved from the original shipment of the laptop, and I would be emailed a shipping label. 3 phone calls, and no shipping label.

-Friday, 8/4: A shipping box arrived at my address, a few hours before a shipping label arrived at my email (approximately 28 hours after original request). How does a shipping label arrive through email after a physically shipped box?

-Monday, 8/7: My FedEx tracking says the shipment has arrived at HP

-Thursday, 8/10: HP states that only today have they received my shipment

-Monday or Tuesday, 8/14-15, I received a voicemail from an escallations case manager stating that my laptop needed to be replaced, but I missed the call.

-Wednesday, 8/16: I finally answered the manager's call, at a time that he thought I was going to be at work, and he expected a voicemail box.

----Later, through email, he stated that I needed to provide proof of purchase, as he could not find it. I emailed him back 10 minutes later, but it took him 26 hours to respond

-Thursday, 8/17: Case manager responded, asking me to 1. agree to have my laptop replaced, and 2. have my broken laptop shipped to him. How could I do this, if they already have it?! I responded with these details at 7:50pm the same day. I have not heard back from anyone, in 6 days now.

-the amount of different emails and communication methods with my first case manager could have been achieved with less than 5 minutes on the phone

-Monday 8/21: I called my case manager, and left a voicemail, but he never replied.

---3:pm: called the general HP number, they said he would call me back in 1-2 hours; after 5 hours, I called them and asked to be switched to someone else. They said someone would reach out to me that night or next day.

-Tuesday, 8/22: is 3pm next day. I called back they say someone will reach out within 2-3 hours. No one did. I called the HP number again, and waited for over 1 hour, from approximately 9:40-10:45, but no one answered my call.

-Wednesday, 8/23: 12:36pm, still apparently I have the same case manager, no one new assigned. No progress has been made in nearly 2 weeks now. I have not had a laptop for 3 weeks.

----12:41, HP told me they would have a new manager call within 1 hour. If they didn't, this HP support person said he will personally call me back.

----1:57pm, still no call back. Posting on forum.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Norman87 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Sandy.  No one has sent me a message.  It has been 6 days since my forum post. 

I have been in touch with a case manager, but still no way of seeing my schedule or tracking progress.  I spoke to a customer service rep on the phone today, and just like every other time that I've called, the rep promised to have someone email or call me in 2-3 hours.  It has now been more than 5.

It has now been 27 days since first contacting HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.