Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 with Combo Cable
Microsoft Windows 11

Recently some clients of mine purchased 10 Boxx laptops and 3 Alienware laptops. They also purchased 13 HP Thunderbolts Dock G2s with the combo cable. For most of the computers, I haven't had any issues. All 10 Boxx laptops came with Windows 10, the Alienware's came with Windows 11. My client requested one of the Boxx computers be upgraded to 11 and that's when the problems started. After the update to Windows 11, the dock essentially broke. I can get video to come through the display port, but the USB ports and ethernet port don't do anything. I tried updating the firmware on the dock, but when I load the latest revision, the firmware page briefly loads and then quits out. Image of what I am talking about below, sorry about the german. I didn't take this screenshot, I grabbed it from another post.

I looked through the device manager and couldn't see the dock anywhere, nor the ethernet adapter for the dock. On the Alienware, everything is working but the ethernet port. I had read that some people were able to get it working by turning off the Thunderbolt security in the BIOS, but the Boxx laptops do not have Thunderbolt security in their BIOS. I tried reaching out to HP support and they were less than helpful saying it's Boxx's issue or a Microsoft issue. They wouldn't consider the possibility that the firmware that hasn't been updated since December 2021 may be the problem. 

When I asked to be escalated to a supervisor, they refused, so if anyone knows how to fix this issue or how I can get into contact with the escalation team, I would appreciate it. 

avatr43_0-1663096789532.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.