Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion TS 11 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello my computer has had an issue since January however, I have not been able to take the time to try and fix it until now. I have a 2013 HP TouchSmart 11 laptop. Prior to this issue, my laptop had about about a 30 minute startup time. This problem occurred after I had too many tabs open in chrome and my computer became unresponsive so, I force shutdown it & after turning it on i had a black screen. Since then, I have run the hardware diagnostic tests and come up with these failure ID's

[Type]           [ID]                                                                     [Date U.S. style]
System [E]   RG9J3L-6R783X-XD7WXG-60X503    5/6/16
Hard Drive    RG9J3L-6R783X-XD7WXG-61XM03   5/6/16
Hard Drive    RG9J3L-6R7827-XD7WXG-60T603    3/11/16
System [E]   RG9J3L-6R7827-XD7WXG-60T603    3/11/16
Hard Drive    RG9J3L-6R780R-XD7WXG-60U303   1/25/16
Hard Drive    RG9J3L-6R780R-XD7WXG-61CT03   1/25/16
System [E]   RG9J3L-6R780D-XD7WXG-60W203   1/13/16
System [E]   RG9J3L-6R780A-XD7WXG-60VJ03    1/10/16
Hard Drive    RG9J3L-6R7804-XD7WXG-60SJ03    1/4/16
System [E]   RG9J3L-6R7804-XD7WXG-60SJ03    1/4/16

[Description: Hard Drive 1]

I am wondering if I am able to fix this hard drive or, if I need to order a new one and replace it. I can get any more info that's necessary Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
               Giacinto

[Helpful Info?]
Model: HP Pavillion TS 11 Notebook PC
Year:2013
System ID:2178
Product ID:E2S18UA#ABA
Screen:11.6 inch
RAM:4096MB
Processor: AMD A4-1250 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
Hard Drive:500GB
B10S Date: 6/9/13
B10S Revision F.02

[Hard Drive]
HDD 1
Type:ATA
Model:HGST HTS545050A7E380
Firmware Version:GG2OACA0
Capacity:500GB
LBA48 : Supported

I pretyped this, bad internet connection

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @AukC,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that when you ran the hardware diagnostics you received error codes.  When I checked the error codes provided, one says the disk is optimized and the others that the HDD failed the quick tests. 

Failing the quick test is a good indication that your hard drive is failing and will require replacement. 

Here are links to assist you with that process:

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide  (please note chapter 3, page 16, item 17 for the recommended replacements, chapter 5 page 29 for removal procedure).

HP PCs - Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 😎

HP PCs - Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 😎

There will be an option to backup your data during the recovery process.  If you did not create your recovery media, please contact HP Support to obtain a recovery kit.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution"button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @AukC,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that when you ran the hardware diagnostics you received error codes.  When I checked the error codes provided, one says the disk is optimized and the others that the HDD failed the quick tests. 

Failing the quick test is a good indication that your hard drive is failing and will require replacement. 

Here are links to assist you with that process:

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide  (please note chapter 3, page 16, item 17 for the recommended replacements, chapter 5 page 29 for removal procedure).

HP PCs - Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 😎

HP PCs - Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 😎

There will be an option to backup your data during the recovery process.  If you did not create your recovery media, please contact HP Support to obtain a recovery kit.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution"button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.