Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought a new Spectre x360 13t... I'm wondering why no one is talking about the clear downgrade in the webcam quality? I had the 2017 model, which has an FHD (1080p) camera. The camera in the older model was already pretty bad and the camera downgrade in the newest model is a major disappointment, especially in this digital age we live in. I have to use my webcam to work with my clients and I'm wondering if I need to purchase an external camera or if there is any way to improve the video quality? Also, my camera driver has a date of 6/21/2006, so I'm wondering if maybe the driver can be updated? I've already updated the bios and I tried uninstalling the current camera driver (it promptly reinstalls upon restart). I've also searched HP for other driver updates, but I can't find the camera driver anywhere. You wouldn't exactly think that you are getting an inferior product when you purchase the newest version of a tech product you already own. Usually, technology gets better with each revision. Any advice on improving video quality would be helpful. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Starjoy

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the webcam video quality.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Make sure your video recording environment has good lighting.

• Change the image quality, brightness, contrast, and other adjustments in the webcam software.

To resolve problems with choppy playback, take the following actions:

• Reduce the size of the video image in the webcam software.

• Use a high-speed internet connection.

• Do not use other high-speed USB devices while using the webcam.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Since you insist on getting feedback for your reply to my post ... No, your resolution did not work. Your response was generic and completely of no help. In such a technologically advanced world, it is disappointing that HP has used lower quality parts in the newer product models. My issue isn't with lighting or any of the things that you mention. By default, the camera is set to the best possible settings but still, my issue is 1. The "Truevision HD Camera" on the newest model of the Spectre x360 is of lower quality than the camera in older models (I have a 2017 model that I was intending to replace but the 1080p camera is better quality than the 720p garbage in the newest model); and 2. My camera driver is dated for 6/21/2006 and there does not seem to be any way to even find the most recent driver for manual install. Is it possible to find updated drivers? HP does not actually provide the most up-to-date drivers. I have already updated several other drivers with more recent releases than are provided through HP Assistant. But I can't even find any information on what the correct camera drivers are or where to look. The camera settings are what they are, but is there any other software or filters that could improve the quality of the camera image? For other HP computers, I have seen suggestions for alternative software to control the camera. 

HP Recommended

@Starjoy

The webcam uses the Windows built-in drivers and there are no specific drivers from HP for the webcam.

You can use the YouCam software for the webcam and check.

Refer to the below article for detailed information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01414839

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.