Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Studio 15.6 inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC (30M97AV)

Hello,

I need to uppgrade RAM memory to my Notebook

HP ZBook Studio 15.6 inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC (30M97AV) can somebody help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Digitizeit,

Unfortunately, as per the manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c07652634.pdf, that is not possible. Your System board includes an integrated processor, discrete graphics and RAM. The only way to get to 32GB is to change out the system board, which would be very expensive:

NonSequitur777_0-1679405945082.png

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Digitizeit,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

According to: c07585278 (hp.com), and: HP - Compaq | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com, the 32GB RAM in your HP ZBook Studio 15.6 Inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC (30M97AV) is fixed: "Memory soldered down" / "non-removable".

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

NonSequitur777 

Thank you!

I have only 16gb Ram memory and I have bought the laptop to use Cad and Adobe Premiere but I need to upgrade to 32gb at least. 

Is there a solution for this?

HP Recommended

@Digitizeit,

Unfortunately, as per the manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c07652634.pdf, that is not possible. Your System board includes an integrated processor, discrete graphics and RAM. The only way to get to 32GB is to change out the system board, which would be very expensive:

NonSequitur777_0-1679405945082.png

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@NonSequitar777 

I understand and thank you for all the information. I bought the laptop especially workstation just to upgrade then. It has cost a lot when I bought but I can say that I feel disappointed. I have very good expectations from HP.

HP Recommended

@Digitizeit,

You are welcome. I understand what you are saying.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.