Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Fury 17 G7 Mobile Workstation (9UY36AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Today I saw that a USB port is no longer working ...

I checked all USB ports in BIOS for the middle port I get this test result:

USB PORT check: FAILED
FAILURE ID: 9U7PTL-ALBB4B-XD7V41-8D0S03

This port was used with a cooler pad...  

Also a question: for ZBook 17 G7 exists possibility to set that after turn off the laptop to not have power in USB port (from BIOS) ?! I moved the cooler pad on another port but even I shut down, the cooler still works... 

Thank You

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The USB port failure is likely to be a failure on the system board.

Is your ZBook still in warranty?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi

It's still in warranty.

I was in the service today and they told me that it could be an I / O board or a system board ... But unfortunately for me, they don't know how long it will take until it is solved.

After 2 hours of tests, they cannot say what modules is faulty: I/O board or System Board ... and that because HP have a no right policy ... I understand that they (HP) allow only one component monthly changed... and yes, to check if is I/O module or System Board module, that can be done just replacing one by one...

The idea is that I work on this laptop every day and I can't get rid of it.

It's an unpleasant situation, because I'm a programmer and preparing a work computer takes me a few days ... I really can't stay so much time without a laptop ...

First my POST here is about CPU overheating ( https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Zbook-17-G7-I9-CPU-temperat... )

After a few months, a USB port is faulty ... So, CPU overheating, USB faulty ... many discussions with HP support, I have been in service twice with the laptop ...  

Please HP, fix this problem, I spent a lot of money on this product that have 3 years warranty. 

After me it's very easy:
- replace the laptop that really have problems

or

- send I/O board and System board in our local authorized service to easy tests via replacing ...

The laptop is 11 months old when I bought it ... Overheating problems are from start ...

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-20 at 11.36.29.jpegScreenshot 2022-05-20 121739.png

All softwares / firmware are updated ... 

HP Recommended

I would start with the I/O module. 

The Maintenance Guide says it has three USB ports.

"The I/O board includes an I/O board includes audio jack, 3 USB ports, and a RJ45 jack"

You stated that only one has stopped working.

Your USB powered cooler pad is probably drawing too much current.

Make sure that you only plug it into the ports that provide power. Look for a thunderbolt symbol on the port.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

If I let cooler pad into USB that provide power even laptop if turn off, then cooler will continue working consuming the battery ...

I asked support about that, and they told me the cooler pad not affect that...

HP Recommended

@yourchoicezbook wrote:

If I let cooler pad into USB that provide power even laptop if turn off, then cooler will continue working consuming the battery ...

I asked support about that, and they told me the cooler pad not affect that...

The power at the USB port is on because of a setting in the BIOS titled Sleep and Charge is enabled.

Enter  the BioS settings and disable it.

HP Recommended

Yes, 

It's true, can be changed from Bios, to not be active on sleep ... 

HP Recommended

Perhaps there is a language barrier here. Your response is a bit odd.

I knew that and you did not.

That is why I let you know the change to make so the cooler will no longer consume battery power when it is connected and the notebook is turned off.

That is what we are here for.

Isn't your warranty onsite repair?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.