Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP envy 15 j-186na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello i   need HELP can some one please tell me if there is a whit elist for my hp envy 15 j-186na Wifi card. I want to swap my hp wifi card with a broken samsung pc but working wifi card. basically have my samsung wifi card swap into my hp just need help if it safe and will i need to downlod any driver and if so can someone pleaase provide me with the lnk of the driver. so for my HP envy 15 j-186na  broken wifi card it call brodcom broadcom bcm4352 can i swap it with my samsung wifi card atheros ar5b225. basically having atheros ar5b225 into my hp envy 15 with no complication am took broke to buy a new one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, I looked up the form factor of the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 wifi card your notebook has, and it is a direct swap.

They are both HMC.

Should take you less than 10 minutes to install.

I found the W8.1 driver for the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 wifi card:

This package contains the driver installation package for the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70859.exe

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

If it is the same HMC form factor as the broadcom card, it should work.

What I don't know is if there are any W8.1 drivers for it.

HP Recommended

Hello what is a hmc basically it  okay for me to swap my working Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 and take out my broken Quadcomm 4352 and will swapping it not after my laptop in the long run thanks

HP Recommended

Yes, I looked up the form factor of the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 wifi card your notebook has, and it is a direct swap.

They are both HMC.

Should take you less than 10 minutes to install.

I found the W8.1 driver for the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 wifi card:

This package contains the driver installation package for the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70859.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you also just to confirm swapping my orginal wifi cards to the asus wifi card wont do damage to my pc either the wifi card it self thank you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Should be no damage to the wlan card or the PC.

Just make sure you follow the precautions listed in the service manual before working inside the notebook.

See chapter 5, starting on page 44 for the wifi card R&R procedures.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03943414

HP Recommended

Hello am back please i would need some help here each time i dual boot kali linux alongside my window 8.1 os on the same laptop hp j186. everything workout well including the dual booting installation but when i eventually get into kali interface i open up the ternimal for exmaple i went to install wine the other day it kind of install.

when installed was completed i went ahead to reboot the laptop. well it booted up with a black screen indicating the bios got corrupted but it a dofferent story for my asus laptop. after install i was able to boot back into kali linux with no problem could i please ask does hp have like a security scheme on the operating system where as it autp corrupt any non window os that trys operating.

am lost or is it that hp is just a headache giving laptop and also could i ask or maybe becasue my hp envy has a geforce grapahic card could this have anything to do with the bios getting corrupted and auto removing kali off my partition list thank you i need help please or should i sell my hp laptop also does hp do swap or recycle scheme.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I can't answer any of your questions.

I am not familiar with dual booting (never had a need for it), nor do I know anything about non-Windows operating systems.

I have never heard of HP directly having a swap or recycle offer.

Usually retail stores offer that promotion from time to time.

HP Recommended

Hello i need help i just clean install my laptop hp 15 i will like to ask how can i get my recovery disk D back as i need to have also how can i install hp recovery tools to set up recovery on my pc thank you

HP Recommended

Hello i need help please i will like to download hp recovery manager to my pc as i done a clean install and now recovery manager deleted

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.