cancel
Highlighted
Jessicajil Tutor
Tutor
14 11 0 0
Message 11 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP envy X360 freezes randomly with different coloured screen each time.

Thank you Huffer for your help. It's rather late now, so I'll have a go at these things tomorrow. Thank you for all your help. Smiles, Jess

0 Kudos
Jessicajil Tutor
Tutor
14 11 0 0
Message 12 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP envy X360 freezes randomly with different coloured screen each time.

Hello again Huffer,

Thank you for your help. I updated the bios, but that didn't help. I then worked through the other link from Dirt River and my laptop became unstable. In the end I did a reset, and, so far, that seems to be working alright in that it hasn't crashed once. An update of Windows came through as I finished the reset, and I'm wondering if re-installing Windows AFTER the BIOS update might have been what cured it. The driver the  AMD Radeon (TM) Vega 8 Mobile Graphics card is using in a 2017 one ( 22.19.655.1), but it seems to be working OK for now.  I have run .avi files which crashed frequently before, and so far, no problem. 

I can't click on the solution button because it was something else which put it right. But I want to thank you for pointing out that it was a driver problem, not a hardware problem. and pointing me in the right direction.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation