Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi!
Can someone help me finding replacement part code for g7-1315ez fan ?
I cannot find the official replacemente code.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

OK.

I was able to find a Maintenance & Service guide for the laptop series.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/522274/Hp-Pavilion-G7.html?page=91#manual

The fan and heat sink depend on the processor platform, chipset and graphics solution.  You did not provide that information, but I can link to the manual and provide an image of the page that shows the specifics.  To get the fan part number to purchase it separately,  take look at the fan for the brand and part number. It may be a Sunon or other generic Japanese fan.

If you have questions about the descriptions of the graphics solution types in the document, just let me know and I can explain what they mean.

FanHeatsink.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Many thanks for the reply.
I will check hardware as soon as possibile.
I tought that given the product code will be easy to idenfity it 🙂

Thanks!

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

HP g7-1315ez is the product name, not the product code or SKU.

Having the SKU or product code for researching would have made it simpler.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

A8K83EA#UUZ is the SKU?
Is enought to find the proper replacement code?

Many thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Yes. It is.

For future reference, you own an HP Pavilion g7-1315ez laptop.

Here is the Maintenance & Service Guide for your laptop
https://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02834058.pdf

The fan description and HP part number (see chapter 3, page 25, item 15)
Fan (includes replacement thermal material)      639460-001

Online vendor source search

https://www.google.it/search?hl=en-GB&source=hp&biw&bih&q=HP+639460-001&iflsig=ANes7DEAAAAAZf2tlOet4...

HP Recommended

Looks like in this laptop fan and heat sink are together.
Is it right?
Should I buy the whole set (heat sink + fan) or they are only kept together via adhesive tape, so I can remove the whole structure, replace fan only, renew thermal paste and re-install all?

There is any video about how to tear down this laptop?

HP Recommended

The fan and heatsink are separate parts.

All you need is the new fan.

At minute 13:55 he seperates the fan from the heatsink.

HP Recommended

Ok, all good. Super easy to tear down the laptop following the video.

For further readers: take care if you have a 3pins or 4 pins fan...
By mistake I bought the 4pins one (product code was correct) but I have 3pins installed in the laptop. So I had to order another one 🙂

Thansk for the support!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.