Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@A4Apollo wrote:

@aNormalGuy Thanks for the reply,

Please use the link to download the diagnostics: http://hp.care/2bTM5IO

Install the diagnostics application run the system test and other hardware tests.

Let me know how it goes,

Have a great day!

OK. Let me recap, I googled and found out that I needed to press 'esc' during start-up and then would it let me enter f2 successfully so I did a diagnostic check and checked everything, the main system check up I only did a quick one which took 15 minutes and not the extensive one which takes upto 2 hours (hope thats fine) and bottomline is everything seemed to pass apart from 'network test' said something like: 'UEFI networking does not appear to be supported on enabled on this system. Please check the BIOS settings to make sure UEFI netword option ROMs are enabled and that UEFI network boot is enabled.' Speaking of the network error I decided to click that link you sent to which after 10 minutes of downloading it, it said at the bottom of the download file 'failed - network error' but evidently I'm connected as I type this post............I seem to create more problems each time you reply. Better be careful with the next response 🙂

You can trust me earthling -- I'm 100% a ro-not a robot
HP Recommended

@aNormalGuy, Thanks for the reply.

I understand that you ran the diagnostics and all the test passed. Which is good to know because we have ruled out hardware issues.

This seems to be a software issue or as I told you in the earlier post to perform recovery.

Please run the recovery on your laptop to restore your computer back to factory settings.

Let me know how it goes,

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@A4Apollo wrote:

@aNormalGuy, Thanks for the reply.

I understand that you ran the diagnostics and all the test passed. Which is good to know because we have ruled out hardware issues.

This seems to be a software issue or as I told you in the earlier post to perform recovery.

Please run the recovery on your laptop to restore your computer back to factory settings.

Let me know how it goes,

Have a great day!

OK I will peform the factory reset but can you run me through the back-up'ing so there's no mistakes? in other words I need to ask a few questions before factory resetting: so I have a hard drive (taken out of my old broken laptop) can I use this as a memory device to transfer my stuff temporarily? the other question is, is there a quick way to maybe idk transfer ALL files at once? or should I be expected to transfer each individual file seperately one by one? and should I bother transferring programs or and this sounds silly but isn't there a way to like save all my bookmarks/chrome extensions by file? (if thats even possible) and one more is you said "Make sure you have data only in the folders mentioned." what exactly did you mean by this? is there certain files/folders I should NOT transfer?

Sorry for the adandunce of questions!

HP Recommended

@aNormalGuy thanks for the reply,

Please refer this document to know how to back data using HP recovery manager: http://hp.care/2cCPIlY 

Note: This document is for windows 8 however the same implies to windows 10

Please refer this document to know how to restore the backup data using HP recovery manager: http://hp.care/2b9cqRP

1. You cannot use a hard drive from a different laptop. You have to use a external hard drive or a flash drive to backup data.

2. Yes you can backup all you favorites, bookmarks and settings. Just follow the document.

3. You have to reinstall all your applications after the recovery is complete.

4. Click on the folder icon in the task bar it will open libraries folder. This has documents music pictures and videos folders.

You can put all your documents, music and videos files accordingly.

Let me know if this helps,

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@A4Apollo wrote:

Please refer this document to know how to back data using HP recovery manager: http://hp.care/2cCPIlY 

Note: This document is for windows 8 however the same implies to windows 10

Please refer this document to know how to restore the backup data using HP recovery manager: http://hp.care/2b9cqRP

1. You cannot use a hard drive from a different laptop. You have to use a external hard drive or a flash drive to backup data.

2. Yes you can backup all you favorites, bookmarks and settings. Just follow the document.

3. You have to reinstall all your applications after the recovery is complete.

4. Click on the folder icon in the task bar it will open libraries folder. This has documents music pictures and videos folders.

You can put all your documents, music and videos files accordingly.

Let me know if this helps,

Have a great day!

Hi, after a very (very) long process, I'm back.

Just trying to restore everything on my computer. currently trying to uncompress my compressed files...never had to do it before so I hope I'm doing the process correctly....

also the updated wifi link & peformance link you sent me them couple days back, now that I've factory reset the computer, does it still have the upto date processors and speed?

HP Recommended

As you have performed the factory reset on your laptop. 

Your laptop should not have any problems with performance or speed.

And if you followed the backup and restore article correctly you should not have any problems restoring the data.

Please use HP support assistant to get updated drivers or Softwares for your laptop.

Please find the document to know to use HP support assistant: http://hp.care/2cC6K4r

Feel free to reply back if you have any queries.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@MrRobot

Hey again. Erm I'll private message you

HP Recommended
HP laptop 15ac101TU get Stuck on software is being installed...
HP Recommended

Greetings @Aayuverma

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer where the computer is stuck on a screen that says Software is being installed, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

May I know the operating system installed on your computer?

Have you run a diagnostics on your computer?

Recommend you boot the computer to BIOS by tapping F10 repeatedly on startup. 

Restore BIOS to defaults. 

Save and Exit. 

Run an extensive test on your computer. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 

Run an extensive test on your computer. 

If any of the tests fail, please contact our phone support for any service options available. 

If all the tests pass, restart your computer and keep tapping F11 repeatedly on startup to enter Recovery Manager. 

Select Troubleshoot and then select Advanced Options and then Startup Repair. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi there
Same happened for my. I tried recovery but no point was useable. In a folder was thousands of pics I just has downloaded from cellphone. Got the idea that I could connect from other pc with direct patchcable. In the excact same moment I put the cable in the blue stucked update screen dissppered and system was wellcomming me wirh normal login screen. Heureuka!!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.