Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15t-bc000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just recieved my HP Pavillion 15t-bc000 in the mail today. I have an old DV6 that died and it has extra RAM that I put in it that I want to put into my new Pavillion. However, I have no idea how to do it. My old DV6 has a panel on the bottom that you can unscrew in order to easily access the RAM, wireless card, and hard drive. My new 15t-bc000 does not seem to have such a cover on the bottom. In fact, there isn't any cover on the bottom at all. It appears that I have to somehow revove the entire bottom shell just to get to the RAM or to remove the battery if I ever had to do so, but I'm not sure if that's even possible. Can I not put in more RAM into my new computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ah, I see. I looked over the order form and found it uses DDR4 instead of DDR3. I will call up HP tech support and see if it's possible to have them upgrade the RAM themselves. Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

The first thing to consider is that the hardware change may affect the warranty on your new laptop, the second is that 15t-bc000 uses specified memory is not compatible with the dv6 laptop RAM.

Manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05117922

HP Recommended

Ah, I see. I looked over the order form and found it uses DDR4 instead of DDR3. I will call up HP tech support and see if it's possible to have them upgrade the RAM themselves. Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're welcome Smiley Happy

HP Recommended

Hello. I have a notebook 15-bc015nt. There are two fans on this device. My question to you is, I am experiencing a heating problem on the right hand side of the keyboard, where the processors are located under. I checked the fan speeds by using Speedfan software. During a normal use software indicates Fan1: 2200 rpm around but Fan2: 220 rpm (10%) around only.

Can you please check your device regarding the fan speeds? If you experience the same situation I will not send my device back.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Oguzhan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.