Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 15-k153nr S/N: 5CD450344M, K1X12EA#ACB, Russia
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an HP Envy 15-k153nr laptop with a 15” screen, an i7-4510U processor and a GTX 850M discrete video card. It was purchased with Windows 8.1 for one language and then upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Now the laptop motherboard has a problem and I want to replace it with a similar one. To do this I need the HP spare part number of this motherboard. In BIOS I see the system board ID as 228D.

Unfortunately in the Maintenance and Service Guide  there is no my motherboard for laptops of this series with a 15” screen and an i7-4510U processor and a discrete GTX 850M video card (pages 27-31).

Unfortunately this laptop does not have on the bottom of the covers for accessing RAM under which there is usually a sticker with the HP spare part number of the motherboard. To access this sticker I must again completely disassemble the laptop.

How can I find out the HP spare  part number of this motherboard without disassembling the laptop because I still use it? Can someone help me?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@porcelana 

Try using this tool:  HP PartSurfer

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick reply. I am familiar with this HP parts search tool, but unfortunately this tool does not allow you to get any data about my laptop.

I still hope to get help here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.