Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
H P15-ba046na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Re: HP15-ba046na

Can someone from HP - UK's Customer Support answer the following "pre-order" questions about the above model.

1. Is it possible to change the Processor in the above noted model from AMD to Intel?

2. Is it also possible to "improve" the Warranty Offer on the above noted model to 5 years? - I am seeing on Amazon.co.uk some other models of HP Notebooks where the warranty is being advertised as being 5 years. So, it should also be "doable" to offer a warranty of 5 years on this model (HP15 ba046na) as well...!!!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Saeed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

To your first question: "No". The processor is soldered to the motherboard so there is no way to upgrade just the processor on any model in this series. You don't even want to ask about what it would cost to swap motherboards, it would be as much or more than the whole laptop costs. 

As to the 5-year warranty. The ones you are seeing are not HP warranties; they are 3rd party service contracts I would advise you to review carefully before purchasing. If they are offered by a vendor with very little or no extra charge they are likely worth about what you pay for them. HP has "Carepack" options you can purchase after you buy the laptop until the original warranty expires. They are not cheap but provide real protection. I believe 3 years is as far out as you can go, however. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

To your first question: "No". The processor is soldered to the motherboard so there is no way to upgrade just the processor on any model in this series. You don't even want to ask about what it would cost to swap motherboards, it would be as much or more than the whole laptop costs. 

As to the 5-year warranty. The ones you are seeing are not HP warranties; they are 3rd party service contracts I would advise you to review carefully before purchasing. If they are offered by a vendor with very little or no extra charge they are likely worth about what you pay for them. HP has "Carepack" options you can purchase after you buy the laptop until the original warranty expires. They are not cheap but provide real protection. I believe 3 years is as far out as you can go, however. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.