Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Notebook 2000-216NR
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently had a hard drive failure and luckily the hard drive is still under manufacturers warranty through the company I bought it through. The problem is the one they sold me was the last one. The one I bought was the Hitachi HTS547550A9E384 500 GB 2.5 Sata and they are telling me the only ones they have available are these..

HTS725025A9A364
HTS725032A7E635
HTS545032A7E380

Please advise if any of those are compatible with my HP 2000-216NR and which one I should get. Thank you so much for your expedient asistance in this matter!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@thumpergirl 

Any Hitachi 2.5" HDD's will  do. Please ask them for faster HDD such as 7200RPM, more cache (larger is better) and may be more capacity (say 1TB or 2TB).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

So are you saying all of those are compatible with my computer?

HP Recommended

The seller only gave me the hard serial drive numbers , no specs. So I don't have any other information besides that. I only have those 3 to choose from unfortunately. I believe they are 500 GB 8 mb cache only as the one I originally got was. They are low in cost so I can't be very picky. I really just would like to know which of those 3 is the best to replace the Hitachi HTS547550A9E384. Also would like to know does HT at the beginning stand for Hitachi? Thanks for the info.

HP Recommended

@thumpergirl 

Sorry the existing one is an old HDD and yes you can use the second one on the above list BUT it only has 250GB.

HGST Travelstar 5K750 HTS547550A9E384 - hard drive - 500 GB - SATA-300 Series

HGST Travelstar 7K500 HTS725025A9A364 - hard drive - 250 GB - SATA-300 Series

Hitachi HTS725032A7E635 320GB

Travelstar Z5K500 HTS545032A7E380 - hard drive - 320 GB - SATA 3Gb/s Specs

They are SATA 2 drives and less capacity. You can use newer HDD as I mentioned above: get 2.5" HDD with at least 500GB and 7200RPM. No need to use exactly the same drive. Please tell them NO NEED life-for-life.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I ended up getting the 320 GB hard drive and when i went to put my sysyem image on it from a back up it failed. I in fact cannot use a smaller drive than my original. Windows is unable to restore images to target partitions that are smaller than the source partition. Now I have to return this hard drive and try to get one 500 GB or larger.  I guess you diidn't realize I was doing a backup and I should have stated that. Maybe you can help me with something else..I am looking for an internal hard drive caddy since the screws on my current one are stripped. Any idea where I can find one for a reasonable price for a HP 2000-216 NR. Thanks  

HP Recommended

Not sure if there is a language barrier here but I have no idea what NO NEED life-for-life even means.  Nevermind on the HDD caddy I just found and purchased one for around $7.00 🙂 very happy!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.