Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Gud day, asking for support how to hard reset 

HP Stream x360 Convertible Laptop

Co'z when i turn on the unit the light was blingking the same when sleep mode???

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi @Yes69 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Notebook and Notebook does not turn on. Try performing a hard reset.

When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.

Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows 8.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

How does one do a hard reset on a HP x360 Convertible Laptop.  

Exactly what is the process???

HP Recommended

Hey @HarryHef,

Did you click the link provided in the previous post?

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Yes, I clicked the link, but it leads to a general page that I did not find helpful for the x360.

I (and others) had a specific question about the Spectre x360 - how to do a hard reset on the product that is locked for some reason.

After about an hour on a chat with support I finally had the answer: Hold in the power button for about a minute, and then the laptop will reboot. Tapping f11 during reboot will bring up a recovery options screen.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, and have looked at the video - it does not address the HP Spectre x360 Convertible.

So how does one do a forced reset?  I have seen this request in various links, and lots of  posts to a video that does not appear to address this product. 

HP Recommended

Paul, after about an hour on a chat with support I finally had the answer for a forced reset on the x360: Hold in the power button for about a minute, and then the laptop will reboot. Tapping f11 during the reboot will bring up a recovery options screen.  I hope it works for you!  -Harry

HP Recommended

HarryHef,  Thanks. that worked.

Just to clarify for others (so they won't make the same mistakeI did, that leads to sore fingers and forearm);

1) I shut the comuuter off.

2) I then press and hold the power button for a minute (or a little more).  NOTE: holding the power button in may be a bit finicky - I had to repeat a couple of times because my finger slipped slightly.  Not a useer freindly button for this sort of operation.

Cheers,

Paul

@HarryHef wrote:

Paul, after about an hour on a chat with support I finally had the answer for a forced reset on the x360: Hold in the power button for about a minute, and then the laptop will reboot. Tapping f11 during the reboot will bring up a recovery options screen.  I hope it works for you!  -Harry

HP Recommended
Hi, i have the same problem. I have a hp envy x360. I bought it last march 2016. I shutdown it down today before to school this morning and i havent used it all day. When i tried to power it on, the laptop wont turn it on. Led on Power charger is white. I tried to hold the power button for a full min or more and still nothing happen.
Any help is appreciated thanks
HP Recommended

I too am having a problem with my newly purchased HP ENVY X360 Convertible. It is an essential tool for my business and I am having to use my wife's laptop which is a nightmare. I was not able to find much support online so I was forced to use the Geek Sqaud to try and resolve. I had to take it into the Best Buy where I purchased the Laptop along with the full support coverage. I took it in yesterday about 1 PM and they have still not been able to resolve the issue up to this point. The Laptop was working fine up until about two weeks ago when the screen would flash on and off. I thought at the time that it was maybe a loose HDMI cable or possibly the Port replicator, but it was very brief at the time and always came back up in a matter of a few seconds. Yesterday however, the screen went blank on the laptop completely. Although the laptop was running, I was unable to see anything and was unable to get the screen to show up. I tried rebooting, resetting, and was able to get to a BIOS Update byt Holding the Power button and the B key for about 15 seconds, but that did not resolve anything. I could see the HP splash screen and the circle of dots during a boot process, but for whatever reason, the laptop is not booting into Windows (Win10 on my laptop). I am probable just as frustrated as you are. Since this is a home based business that relies very heavily on the use of my laptop, I am at a complete standstill and at the mercy of the GEEKS to help me resolve. They told me it would be at least a 48 Hour window before they could assess the problem. And I have been unable to find much support online for this scenario. Hopefully I will hear from the Geeks soon or stumble up on some great news, short of a miracle. Hope you can find some answers soon too. 

Cheers. J

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.