Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP NOTEBOOK 15-ac109na ENERGY
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I have got hard drive problem.I done hard drive test and failed dst test.FAILURE ID 0TQHVK-8517G7-XD7WMA-60VH03 what's this mean and how to fix?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As we have properly understood your issue you are getting hard drive issue:

The 24 character error code for the short Disk Self Test ( DST ) would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced.  This is also consistent with the start-up issue that you describe. 

Nitin singh guleria

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

As we have properly understood your issue you are getting hard drive issue:

The 24 character error code for the short Disk Self Test ( DST ) would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced.  This is also consistent with the start-up issue that you describe. 

Nitin singh guleria

HP Recommended
Is any chance to get all my documents from hard drive?
HP Recommended
Did I lost everything what was on my hard drive?
HP Recommended

I am really sorry to say if it is crashed it is lost now.

Nitin singh guleria

HP Recommended
Thank you for your help
HP Recommended

@Damianpawlowski

You could remove the HDD and connect it to one of these and see if you can save any data.

ConCable.JPG

After connecting the HDD to the SATA to USB cable connect it to any other laptop or desktop.

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.