Reicasm
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hard drive replacement

HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 15-cx0056
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi guys,I have an hp gaming laptop 15-cx0056 and the internal hard drive is damaged and needs to be replaced and I was just wondering what kind of hard drive I need since I’m not well enough versed in this. I have an 8th gen core i5 processor 8GB RAM and 1TB hard drive currently. I’d like another 1TB I just didn’t know if I needed to know anything more specific before buying.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,106 119,283 19,481 29,767
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I suggest you replace the 1 TB mechanical hard drive with a better performing 1 TB solid state drive (SSD).

Amazon.com: SanDisk - SDSSDH3-1T00-G25 Ultra 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm, U...

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the hard drive removal and replacement procedure.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05985643.pdf

After you replace the drive, your notebook should be supported by the HP cloud recovery tool which you can use to make a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

You will need to use another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer and a 32 GB USB flash drive to create the recovery media.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation