Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15-ec0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 64 bit, Ryzen 5 3550H, 8Gb DDR4, GTX 1050 

Hello, I have a problem involving RAM that I was unable to fix for the past few days. I have 2,1 GB Hardware reserved RAM which I suppose is for the integrated AMD GPU. I have tried everything on the Internet, including taking out the RAM and placing it another slot, disabling the integrated graphics from device manger and more. The last solution I have is to change the hardware reserved RAM or disabling the integrated graphics from the BIOS, but I unfortunately cannot access advanced BIOS settings. I know this is intended so that people dont overclock their system or permanently damage it. But if someone would please tell me how I can access the advanced BIOS option I would be very grateful. Not having this option when I paid for the entire laptop, including the motherboard is, to put it simply, irritating. HP should realize that the people that have a limited knowledge about PC's will not play with the BIOS settings because they dont know what will happen. Thank you for your time!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Eduard_8 

Your machine has 8GB of RAM therefore system allocated around 2GB (max) for AMD iGPU and that is normal. No worries, system will work this out and reduce VRAM (shared) from iGPU when required.

GTX 1050 has its dedicated RAM

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer. From what I've seen from benchmarks with the Nvidia GPU working an the IGPU on idle, the system does not allocate the shared VRAM, reserving it for the integrated graphics which isnt even working, so I dont think the system will work this out. With 3 Chrome tabs open and nothing else, my RAM usage is at 57%. Open more tabs and some other applications and Chrome regularly crashes. I've even had crashes in games which is quite annoying. Do you know if I can completly disable the IGPU, or at least manually reduce the VRAM from 2,1 to 1GB. From what I've read, other people with AMD integrated Graphics do not have this high VRAM, and to have this much VRAM when I have a dedicated GPU is useless. Thank you for your time! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.