Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs1056tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

can i upgrade microprocessor in my laptop to high consuming power microprocessor 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

Microprocessor
Intel® Core™ i7-8565U (1.8 GHz base frequency, up to 4.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)

Maintenance and Service Guide

Processors 8th generation Intel® Core™ processors
i7-8565U 1.80 GHz (SC turbo up to 4.60 GHz) quad core processor (8.0 MB L3 cache, 2400-MHz FSB, 15 W)

max

and see, it depends on the motherboard, so no

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

hi

Microprocessor
Intel® Core™ i7-8565U (1.8 GHz base frequency, up to 4.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)

Maintenance and Service Guide

Processors 8th generation Intel® Core™ processors
i7-8565U 1.80 GHz (SC turbo up to 4.60 GHz) quad core processor (8.0 MB L3 cache, 2400-MHz FSB, 15 W)

max

and see, it depends on the motherboard, so no

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Motherboard specification i don't know so that i posted in hp community 

HP Recommended

HP pavilion 15CS 1056tx

HP Recommended

Sorry , why are you giving me the model of the computer again , you did not understand the answer ?
So you can't replace the processor!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-cs1000-laptop-pc/23238464/model/24896387

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply and another question

Can I increase my graphics card specification

Now in my laptop it is NVIDIA GeForce MX 150 4GB. Upto what extent i will upgrade it?

HP Recommended

Have a new question?!
For more clarity, I invite you to close this thread, possibly mark a given answer, and create another thread
It's easier to find your way around, if you're looking for the same problem.
thank you

But quickly I fear that it is also depending on the motherboard, not very clear here (see given manual)

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hi experts 

Can I upgrade my ram to 32 gb ram ( 2 x 16 gb) dual channel.

Crucial DDR4 16GB 2666MHz 260-Pin SODIMM Laptop Memory Works in 2400mhz and 2133mhz DDR4 16 GB (Dual Channel) Laptop DRAM (CT16G4SFD824A) (Green)

HP Recommended

hi

Memory, standard
8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

it's all in the manual

Memory Two SODIMM memory module slots, non-customer-accessible/non-upgradable
Supports up to 16 GB of system memory
DDR4-2400 dual channel support (select products only)
DDR4-2133 dual channel support (select products only)

but check

How to Check Maximum RAM Supported on Your PC - Easytutorial

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply 

MaxCapacity as 33554432 Kb 

Memory device as 2 

Can I use Crucial DDR4 16GB 2666MHz 260-Pin SODIMM Laptop Memory Works in 2400mhz and 2133mhz DDR4 16 GB (Dual Channel) Laptop DRAM (CT16G4SFD824A) for upgrade the ram ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.