Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cs2073cl laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there an open M.2 slot, since it has a MX250 video board, and are there any problems opening the case?

Should I remove the built-in battery before plugging in the M.2 board?

I can only find three 3 screws on the back, are there any hidden screws?

Your help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@bitterbucket 

>>> Is there an open M.2 slot, 

Your machine has M.2 slot which supports bothe SATA and NVMe SSD's

>>> are there any problems opening the case?

Which problem ? Warranty or else ? If no problem then no problem - hope this makes sense.

>>> Should I remove the built-in battery before plugging in the M.2 board?

We always HAVE TO remove battery when working INSIDE a notebook/laptop

>>> I can only find three 3 screws on the back, are there any hidden screws?

That is your first problem. You need to 

Remove the three Phillips M2.5×6.0 screws (P1 driver) (2) from under the feet and the three Phillips M2.0×4.0 screws (P0 driver) (3) along the bottom edge of the bottom cover that secure the bottom cover to the computer

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bitterbucket 

>>> Is there an open M.2 slot, 

Your machine has M.2 slot which supports bothe SATA and NVMe SSD's

>>> are there any problems opening the case?

Which problem ? Warranty or else ? If no problem then no problem - hope this makes sense.

>>> Should I remove the built-in battery before plugging in the M.2 board?

We always HAVE TO remove battery when working INSIDE a notebook/laptop

>>> I can only find three 3 screws on the back, are there any hidden screws?

That is your first problem. You need to 

Remove the three Phillips M2.5×6.0 screws (P1 driver) (2) from under the feet and the three Phillips M2.0×4.0 screws (P0 driver) (3) along the bottom edge of the bottom cover that secure the bottom cover to the computer

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

After the screws are removed, is it OK to use a credit card to pry the bottom of the case loose?

HP Recommended

Please excuse me for not thanking you earlier, Banhien.  Your info is very helpful, especially about the hidden screws and the battery removal.

Do you think that a credit card can be used to pry the case apart?  Or do I need one of the specialized tools?

Jim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.