10-09-2019 05:32 PM
I updated BIOS and I try to apply the 10 things to do in case of kernel power error 41.
Bought new battery.
Still, the pc works only plugged in. Once i took off the charger, the pc turn off immediately.
can someone help me?
10-12-2019 02:24 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
- Plug the AC adapter into the computer.
- Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and start pressing Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics menu displays, click Component Tests.
- In the Component Tests menu, click Hard Drive.
- Click the Quick Test.
- Click Run once. If the computer has more than one hard drive, click Test All Hard Drives. The Quick Test begins.
- If the computer has more than one hard drive, select the drive you want to test. To test all the hard drives, select Test All Hard Drives.
When a test is complete, the results display on the screen. Test results are also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.
If the hard drive passes the Quick Test, but a problem still exists with the hard drive, run the Extensive Test. This test includes the SMART Check, Short DST, Optimized DST, and Long DST. To run a specific test, select it from the Hard Drive Tests menu.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
10-22-2019 11:08 AM
Applied your suggestions without solution. they did not work out
I passed hard drive tests (i didn't check the extended one)
with the original battery, the battery test ended up with a warning and indicating to replace the battery
with the new battery, I didn't pass the battery test finding "M4L228-8TB9R7-XD7URG-C09K13" failure
10-22-2019 04:29 PM
Thank you for posting back.
I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
10-23-2019 08:38 AM
are you suggesting to contact a shop for repairing physically the computer?
I dont find an online support engineers in hp but only the hp support that pushed me write here in the community