Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-cb0588na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm looking to replace my charger port cable for my HP Omen 17-cb0588na. I've been told that using just my laptop's model number isn't sufficient to identify a compatible replacement, just as well as internet searches for one haven't been fruitful. 

Could someone tell me how I can identify a compatible replacement? 

On my cable there was a green sticker than said the following:

HP DC in Cable
200w L52814-F42 REV:A.
Fit 190605

Not sure if the information I need is in there, as I've also had no luck finding anything matching the above, online. 

A bit of background on the issue in case I'm on a wild goose chase. 

I've been experiencing an issue charging my laptop for awhile now. Randomly during use, the laptop will behave as if it is not plugged in, when it is. It's gradually got worse as time has gone on and now as of tonight, it will only charge if I wiggle the cable around and then hold the cable at that specific angle. As soon I move the cable, it ceases to charge. 

There is no damage to the cable, it looks brand new still. I therefore think the issue lies within the port itself. 

When I plug and unplug the cable from the laptop, it often requires a bit of strength, as if it's partially stuck. Again, I can't seen any deformity on the charger pin, hence believing the port is the problem. It makes no difference if the laptop is powered on or off and I've checked for the latest battery drivers. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MG_2021 

The power cord (from wall to the charger) is governed by regulations of your country. Your machine uses 200W charger

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06396159

Therefore a cord must (a) Meet 200W rating (b) meet standard regulations in your country including its plug.

But we can use nearly all laptops/notebooks around the world now from 100V to 220/230/240V standard household power therefore laptop/notebook vendors supply standard cords around the world with different plugs.

HP parts for use in The UK For use in the United Kingdom: L22320-001/ L22332-001 You can order from HP in the UK if you wish.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response Banhien. I think there may have been some confusion over which part I believe is at fault. I believe it's the internal charger port cable. The one that connects to the motherboard and has the physical, metal charger socket on the other end.

I've just realised I can upload a photo, I should have done that in my original post. Apologies. 

223172.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.