Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
1LK11EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello 
I hope everyone is good & safe.

Please, i have Notebook hp stream x360-11-aa001ne - Product number:1LK11EA. I want to increase my storage in this model because it's only 29 GB. this model will accept storge  SSD drive SATA. because when I checked the Bios information. I found it Flash EMMC.  I attached a picture of the bios information. I want to be sure before I order it online also in case it will accept any SSD recommendation from your side, Thanks!

Bios 2.jpeg

  

  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately I would not be able to help you with that question.

If the SD card slot specs are not listed in chapter 1 of the manual, then no one would be able to answer your question.

I go with the Sandisk Extreme Plus SD cards in my PC's and phones.  They are not that expensive.

SanDisk Extreme® microSDXC™ UHS-I CARD | Western Digital Store

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Kareem_Hassan 

Manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05985563.pdf

Looks like it has a spare slot for 2.5" SASA SSD/HDD but you need Hard Drive Hardware Kit, spare part number 906770-001.

You can order from

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=906770-001

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Dear Mr. Banhien

Thanks for your reply. I would know in case I will use the SD card. The SD Reader in the notebook is the max speed to buy an SD card compatible with it. because it's maybe another solution in case I can't find an agent in UAE to replace me this part, Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi, @Kareem_Hassan 

I do not know of any Stream notebook that comes with an eMMC drive where you can add a 2.5" hard drive or M.2 SSD and have it work.

The drive parts listed in the manual are only for those models in the notebook series that originally came with the 500 GB drives.

My understanding that on models with the eMMC drives, any other drive port/connection is disabled and cannot be enabled by any means.

There are several posts on this forum where folks have tried to install either a 2.5" drive or a M.2 SSD (some models have M.2 slots), and the drives do not show up in the BIOS.

Your only option for additional storage would be to use a SD card or USB flash drive.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. My question is how can I know my SD reader's maximum speed. because in case I will buy an SD card with a speed of 150 MB but the internal reader speed is maximum is 50MB. so it will be a waste of money. Please, help me to know my reader's maximum speed, Thanks for your support!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately I would not be able to help you with that question.

If the SD card slot specs are not listed in chapter 1 of the manual, then no one would be able to answer your question.

I go with the Sandisk Extreme Plus SD cards in my PC's and phones.  They are not that expensive.

SanDisk Extreme® microSDXC™ UHS-I CARD | Western Digital Store

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.