Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion au 113tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I AM CURRENTLY USING HP PAVILION AU 113TX AND I HAVE JUST A HHD ON IT. THE LAPTOP ALSO HAS A DVD DRIVE SO I WAS THINKING TO PUT A SSD IN THE DVD DRIVE AS THE HHD IS VERY SLOW. BUT THEN I SAW THAT THE DVD DRIVE HAS A BANDWIDTH OF JUST 1.5 GbPS WHEREAS THE HHD SLOT  HAS OF 6 GbPS, SO I THINK THAT THE DVD DRIVE WILL BOTTLENECK THE SSD BUT THE HHD SLOT WONT. SO I FOUND A SOLUTION FOR THIS. I WAS THINKING TO PUT THE PRESENT HHD IN THE DVD DRIVE AND PUT A SSD IN THE HHD SLOT. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THERE IS ANY ERROR OR FLAW IN THIS IDEA.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

The thickness (7 - 9.5 mm) of the drive(s) may determine where they fit, rather than raw speed.

Initial booting and transferring of Software is a MUST have plan.

Loss of any Warranty ?

Otherwise your machine and your choice.

HP Recommended

Your plan is fine. You want to put your fastest drive (SSD) inside the laptop as the system disk and the mechanical drive can be used for simple storage. It will have a bandwidth bottleneck but still be OK for storage and will be able to hold videos for streaming and audio files which can be played without stutter.  Post back if you need any specific help. 

HP Recommended

THANKS FOR YOUR AMAZING REPLY. U SAID THE DVD DRIVE MIGHT BOTTLENECK THE HDD? SO 1.5 GbPS IS NOT ENOUGH FOR HDD??

HP Recommended

Its enough....SATA-I speed. The HDD is likely a SATA-II or SATA-III device so it may lose just a little of its capability but not enough to be upset about. The SSD would be limited quite a bit by the SATA-I interface. 

HP Recommended

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.

SO WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND. I DONT HAVE A M.2 SLOT IN MY LAPTOP AND I WANNA PUT A SSD AND THE HDD IS SLOW. WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE HELP?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.