Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 13-4007na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP guru's, I ordered a new power brick for my HP Spectre 12-4007na and arrived today but sadly my laptop will not charge and as I’m out of warranty I decided to take the back off and remove the DC in cable I’m hoping that this is the culprit.

On the tag, it says C IN cable which I assume its missing the D 😕 with code 789660-FD3 REV A then CONN 150 206 not sure on the last part as the label is a bit squished printing on the metal shield is 150122.

I have tried searching the parts on HP nothing found I found one on eBay but it had gone anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks, everyone.

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Manual is available, the Part number is available:

(4) Power connector cable 801513-001

Service manual

And you can order the part with your credit card direct from the HP Parts Store for $12.24 plus shipping:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=9C59B94F54044B8AB6CF9B2B7C5A5A3F&SearchIn=P...

Honestly, I don't want to criticize but the HP Support Agent needs to ask for a quick course in how the Company supplies replacement parts and to whom. The Forum is not worth much if we just tell people to contact HP Support. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Syrabane

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Spectre x360 - 13-4007na laptop and it does not charge. You have tried to isolate the issue and have removed the back cover to check the DC cable if that is what is wrong. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

It may not be necessary that the DC cable may have failed. There could be other issues because of which the laptop does not power on. I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software) took place on the laptop after which this issue may have started. Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated then do not remove it.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.
  • Please check if the laptop powers on with the original charger that came with it.

If the issue persists, then I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned under "The computer does not receive power (no noise or lights)." from this link: http://hp.care/2jbGrUA.

Please note that if you are looking specifically only for the DC power cable then it may not be available for sale on the HP website because these are non-customer replaceable parts and the only way to get the DC cable replaced is either through a local store like Best Buy or by sending the laptop to HP service center. If you would like to send the laptop for a service then you could contact HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your laptop. 

Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for getting back to me.

The notebook boots fine no issues it just wont charge battery works fine so it has to be the DC in i'm not sure if the voltage regulator is built into it or on the motherboard. All i need is proper part number for it so i can source it 😕

HP Recommended

@Syrabane

You are welcome. 

I tried searching but could not locate the part no. as this is not a customer replaceable part. However, you may contact out HP parts team directly and check if they would have this part available with them. I have sent you  a private message with the contact information.

Hope this information helps. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

The Manual is available, the Part number is available:

(4) Power connector cable 801513-001

Service manual

And you can order the part with your credit card direct from the HP Parts Store for $12.24 plus shipping:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=9C59B94F54044B8AB6CF9B2B7C5A5A3F&SearchIn=P...

Honestly, I don't want to criticize but the HP Support Agent needs to ask for a quick course in how the Company supplies replacement parts and to whom. The Forum is not worth much if we just tell people to contact HP Support. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very very much Huffer, that's exactly what i needed kudo's to you sir and a big salute!

/syra.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.