Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When lights on keyboard is on it's have high-frequency noise. The noise is gone if lights is off. Connecting USB devices reduce noise but do not remove it completely. Is there a way to remove it without connecting USB? I quite need those ligths but this sound is really annoying. Notebook HP Victus 16-e0078ur (4E1L0EA). 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Mazila,

Interesting problem -looking in various blogs, you're certainly not alone, apparently.

One suggestion to try: choose the white light option if you can with brightness down.

You may want to read this related HP Forum discussion thread: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/high-frequency-noise-problem-w..., where the keyboard noise is described as, and I quote:

"Unfortunately, the "high-frequency noise problem" you are referring to is coil whine - a PC user's biggest nightmare.

This is a result of a lack of quality control of the motherboards in the HP Spectre x360. I have already witnessed and experienced several motherboard failures. The coil whine may be related to the PSU - however we can't be sure."

The response goes on advising the user to contact HP support.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thanks for answer. Sadly i only have off/on fucntion for ligths. Maybe there is programmatic way to lower brightness? Other treads that you mention is not helping too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.