Is it a loud sound? It could be an issue with the hinges been too tight.
If opening and closing the screen is becoming an issue due to the tight hinge, I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
Apparently when the HP engineer came over to take a look at my laptop he said that my hinge was loose and opened up my laptop and screw the hinge's screws tighter. After that the sound became more significant and he said that maybe the problem wasn't with my hinge but my "back board" or something similar to that.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".