Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy x360 ( 15m-cn0012dx )
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Let me be clear about one thing! the laptop is fast and responsive the one thing that really makes me angry is the battery life. Specs on ( bestbuy.com, Cnet.com and several others) specified the battery life to be (12.75 approximate hours.) This information is a bunch of BS! ***I'm barely running one app at a time, which can be either google chrome or micro edge just surfing the web with very low screen brightness, keyboard light off, and performance set to low or (green) if you will and STILL!!! I'm BARELY GETTING 3 HOURS out of it. That is very upsetting and makes me mad how greatly over exaggerated the battery life specs are on this laptop. By the way this is a BRAND NEW laptop its only been used 3 times, I've had it for over 1 week or so. If anyone with this model laptop (15m-cn0012dx) can give me some feed back if they had the same issue please let me know would truly appreciate it, thanx.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have X360 too (15-cn1xxx) the battery life is about 6-7 hrs. Manual says up to... 12 hrs. Donts trust any manual from HP 🙂
Anyway, your 3 hrs is extremly weak. Check the task manager, if any task uses your processor on high freq. Can be a malware for example.

HP Recommended

I've been using mine for the past few days.  The first day, I fully charged it before using and MAYBE got 2 hours total off the battery with not a whole lot of use, just installing a couple programs (Firefox, etc.).  Additionally, I noticed that the fan had quickly become very loud and the laptop was running really hot.  I donloaded Core-Temp and verified that the cores were running pretty consistently between 50 and 70+ degrees celcius.  I also checked Windows Task Manager and noticed that "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation" was running up the CPU, between 25 and 40% consistently.  Googled and found this link about it: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Excessive-CPU-usage-25-continuo...

I ended up hitting start and typing in "check for updates" and found that there were Windows updates needing installed, so went through that process.  I also used HP Support Assistant which is pre-installed to download various driver updates it said I needed.  I'm not sure which one of those two things did the trick - or maybe both combined - but I haven't seen the "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation" issue since and the overheating, fan issue is also resolved. 

Another thing I did in Task Manager was went to the "Startup" tab and disabled much of what was set to start up with Windows.  I haven't timed the battery duration since (I'll do it tonight) but it's much longer than two hours now.  Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Hey, try going to HP Command Center and changing the thermal profile. I'm on a 13" Envy x360 with a Ryzen 2500u, but the same tips should apply. Mine came stock with the "HP Recommended" profile option selected.

For the most possible battery life, choose the "Quiet" profile in HP Command Center, enable Power Saving Mode in Windows, and turn down your display brightness as low as possible. If you know how, you can also tinker with Control Panel's Power Plan to change how the device behaves. These are all the things I do whenever I'm at school to maximize battery life. At home, when I play games or run CAD software, I basically do the opposite of everything outlined above. If you really want the most battery life out of any laptop, you can always run the device at a lower resolution that's not annoyingly low, say, 1600 x 900 or even 1280 x 720.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.